Friday, December 7, 2012

Photos with a story


I have Buckeye Chickens. I started out with 25. One died from my dog. One died from a Hawk and one just died somehow. The roosters were really mean(We had way to many roosters. They were all trying to be the alpha.) I called one The Evil Outsider, it was the one that was outside of the fence the most. One was The Evil Insider, it was in the fence the most. And one was called The Evil Coopsider, it was in the coop the most. They were all the most rudest ones. The rest were like there sidekicks. Now we only have 2 roosters left.(We ate the others.) The hens lay eggs. And we only get 2 a day. Most of the hens are in my driveway,yard,and swamp. They probably have eggs under tree roots and other things.  Sometimes the hens are freaky. They follow me all the time. That makes the 2 roosters come. Then the roosters sneak up behind me and jump on me,they peck me and claw me. They have been better because only 2 roosters still exist in my yard. But I still don't like them. Here is a website that will tell you things about them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckeye_%28chicken%29  I also have some pictures of Buckeye Chickens. I could only find pictures of them as chicks. Sorry!  

1 comment:

  1. Roosters can be so mean! The chicks are cute until they grow up to be mean roosters. Do the chickens run around loose all day then go back to the coop at night?
    I like chickens, I wish we could have them where I live now. It would be nice to have fresh eggs every day.
    In the springtime you'll have a lot more eggs, and new baby chicks. Hopefully they'll all be hens and not roosters!

    ReplyDelete