Monday, September 10, 2012

Chickens

I have Buckeye Chickens and  yesterday, September 9th 2012  a Red Tailed Hawk went right above my head! Then I went over to the Chicken area and up in a tree next to the fence was a Red Tailed Hawk! I was about to go in with the Chickens but all of a sudden Chickens were screaming and running into the coop! Then I looked at the tree and a Red Tailed Hawk swooped out of the tree and almost  grabbed one of my Chickens but the Hawk was to late! So I decided to stay in the Chicken area. I didn't leave the area until about three hours had passed. And I only left because it was getting really hot outside and I had a sweater on. But luckily all the Chickens were safe!   Sorry that I don't have pictures! I thought I did but I guess not!      

      

1 comment:

  1. Hawks are beautiful birds but they'll swoop down and get chickens, as well as rabbits and other small animals.
    Does your chicken pen have a top on it? Your dad might have to cover it with chicken wire to keep the hawks and other unwanted critters out.

    ReplyDelete